Home » Audio » Movies & Music » A capella groups
A capella groups [message #82235] Fri, 18 March 2016 03:53 Go to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
Do you like to listen to a capella songs? I feel complete when all musical instruments are available, but at times I enjoy the simplicity of a capella arrangements. It is entertaining to see humans mimicking the sound of instruments, giving certain depth to the songs.

I recently found Pentatonix, a successful a capella group who has produced many cover and original songs. Their arrangements simply make you wonder how far humans can go with music when instruments are not available.
Re: A capella groups [message #82265 is a reply to message #82235] Mon, 21 March 2016 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
My daughter got me into this group around Christmas time. It is fascinating to watch them perform. I usually don't go for music like this, but they really can do amazing things with their voices.
Re: A capella groups [message #82377 is a reply to message #82265] Tue, 12 April 2016 10:47 Go to previous message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
Finn wrote on Mon, 21 March 2016 19:50
My daughter got me into this group around Christmas time. It is fascinating to watch them perform. I usually don't go for music like this, but they really can do amazing things with their voices.

I found their Christmas songs' arrangement very interesting. They make the songs rather different from what we used to know, but not necessarily in a bad way. It also fascinates me that they can produce rich sounds with their mouths. It was especially rewarding to see them performing live and proving their quality.
Previous Topic: What are some good new movies?
Next Topic: Your Very First
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:20:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout