Home » Audio » Radio » Do you like AM's Periodic noises (Common example is picking up 60hz from the power lines)
Do you like AM's Periodic noises [message #82207] Sun, 13 March 2016 14:26 Go to next message
JuneBug is currently offline  JuneBug
Chancellor
I have often noticed when I am listening to Am stations in my truck, that I will pick up periodic noises on the station;ie, Power lines, pumps or other devices plugged into the car port...
I myself find that I like them, so I thought I would see if anyone else on the forum enjoys them as well.
Re: Do you like AM's Periodic noises [message #82208 is a reply to message #82207] Sun, 13 March 2016 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JillbeQuick is currently offline  JillbeQuick
Chancellor
Yes!
I visited some relatives in PA recently, and I could barely hear the radio host from all the thrumming. I have also noticed reverberations if I have to use the air compressor for my tires.
You can pick up a lot of interesting sounds on AM.

Jack jumped over a candlestick
Re: Do you like AM's Periodic noises [message #82280 is a reply to message #82207] Tue, 22 March 2016 05:29 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
As long as the external sounds....wavy static is what I call them....aren't too intrusive then I don't mind. I hate it when my ABBA gets interrupted Laughing .
Previous Topic: Free radio apps
Next Topic: Song Selections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:51:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout