Home » Audio » Radio » Sending messages via on-air show
Sending messages via on-air show [message #82188] Sat, 12 March 2016 04:43 Go to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
Back then when my friends and I were still on junior high school, we were really huge fans of radio shows. A lot of them allowed us to request songs and send messages to anyone via text messages. We often sent silly messages, even indirect love confessions, at those days. It is embarrassing to think about such days now, but youth days are always like that, no?

Did you have similar experience?
Re: Sending messages via on-air show [message #82281 is a reply to message #82188] Tue, 22 March 2016 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
This reminds me of Casey Casem. He used to read those during his countdown shows. I never did it but I always found it to be good filler material.
Re: Sending messages via on-air show [message #82365 is a reply to message #82281] Sat, 09 April 2016 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
Azuri wrote on Tue, 22 March 2016 18:33
This reminds me of Casey Casem. He used to read those during his countdown shows. I never did it but I always found it to be good filler material.

Instead of being filler material, it was like must-have program at the time. Requesting songs was the secondary goal. Sometimes not all messages could be read because the air time was not enough. I remember there was an event where the person who made funniest message won a gift from the station.
Re: Sending messages via on-air show [message #82530 is a reply to message #82365] Thu, 28 April 2016 00:50 Go to previous message
Bugster is currently offline  Bugster
Chancellor
Oh yes, I remember this kind of show. Will I admit to having sent in heartfelt messages of love and admiration for girls who didn't know I existed? Perhaps. I think us guys were pretending we were too cool for those kind of things, but of course in secret it was a different matter.
Previous Topic: Song Selections
Next Topic: All we have left are top 40 stations.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:10:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio