Home » Audio » General » Online Audio Tech Courses
Online Audio Tech Courses [message #81913] Fri, 15 January 2016 12:15 Go to next message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I have been thinking about taking some audio technology courses. Are there any reputable courses available online? It would be so much easier to work around my schedule if I didn't have to travel to a secondary location.
Re: Online Audio Tech Courses [message #81914 is a reply to message #81913] Fri, 15 January 2016 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What are you hoping to learn? Acoustics? Electronics? Prosound? Hifi? Home Theater? Repair?

Whatever the case, start here. You can learn a lot on this website.

Re: Online Audio Tech Courses [message #81928 is a reply to message #81913] Sat, 30 January 2016 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
We are the students and Wayne is the teacher. Very Happy

Actually, I've been lurking around here for quite some time now, and it is a very informative site. You won't be learning in the conventional sense, but you will be learning.
Re: Online Audio Tech Courses [message #81930 is a reply to message #81928] Mon, 01 February 2016 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't know that I'd say I'm "the" teacher; I offer advice on loudspeaker design but there are a lot of others that offer advice here too. AudioRoundTable.com has many regular members, some expert in their fields. Several industry leaders and dedicated hobbyists frequent here, each with their own specialties.

Re: Online Audio Tech Courses [message #81932 is a reply to message #81913] Mon, 01 February 2016 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
I get you. Sometimes the dedicated hobbyists give the best advice on certain topics. We all contribute in our own way.

It does look like a very informative site all the way around.
Re: Online Audio Tech Courses [message #81933 is a reply to message #81913] Tue, 02 February 2016 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
Oh, trust me, I am learning a lot from this site. I spend a lot of time just reading and studying some of the schematics that different people have shared. My main focus is audio repair. I was wondering about online courses that would lead to a degree or some type of certification.
Re: Online Audio Tech Courses [message #81952 is a reply to message #81913] Thu, 04 February 2016 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Chase wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 12:15
I have been thinking about taking some audio technology courses. Are there any reputable courses available online? It would be so much easier to work around my schedule if I didn't have to travel to a secondary location.

To answer your original question, I don't know of any online schools or coursework. Be careful and do research before spending a lot of money for an online education -- many online institutions are under fire right now for deceptive practices.
Re: Online Audio Tech Courses [message #82124 is a reply to message #81914] Sun, 28 February 2016 15:25 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
And it's free. Shocked

The only way I would do this online is through the online version of a brick and mortar school that has been around for a number of years
Previous Topic: Anyone Up for A Hearing Test?
Next Topic: Humming sound while recording cds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:16:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout