Home » Audio » General » Video game console as stereo?
Video game console as stereo? [message #81863] Thu, 31 December 2015 18:59 Go to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
It seems like Microsoft is trying to market their Xbox One as being more than just a video game console. A friend of mine actually uses his as a component receiver of sorts, but I didn't see any speakers hooked up to it. (He runs sound through TV.)

Is anyone here using a video game console almost like a component receiver? I might actually be able to justify the expense if it can be used that way.
Re: Video game console as stereo? [message #82034 is a reply to message #81863] Tue, 16 February 2016 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can't say that I am because I don't have an X-Box. Old school here. My bucket list includes buying a '78 Chevy pickup with an 8 track player in it.

Re: Video game console as stereo? [message #82035 is a reply to message #82034] Tue, 16 February 2016 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's so retro-cool!

Re: Video game console as stereo? [message #82095 is a reply to message #81863] Mon, 22 February 2016 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Kenwoody wrote on Thu, 31 December 2015 18:59
It seems like Microsoft is trying to market their Xbox One as being more than just a video game console. A friend of mine actually uses his as a component receiver of sorts, but I didn't see any speakers hooked up to it. (He runs sound through TV.)

Is anyone here using a video game console almost like a component receiver? I might actually be able to justify the expense if it can be used that way.

We have a video game console in each room of the house -- two bedrooms and the living room -- and we use them all this way. They act as video game consoles, DVD players, Blu-Ray players in some cases, and as stereos.
Re: Video game console as stereo? [message #82101 is a reply to message #82095] Mon, 22 February 2016 13:44 Go to previous message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
If you have a home theater system, could you Xbox be wired to run through the speakers without going through the TV, for example if you were using as a stereo versus a game console or DVD player?
Previous Topic: Crackling audio problem
Next Topic: Those Headset Microphones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:14:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout