Home » Audio » General » Apartment life audio rant
Apartment life audio rant [message #81861] Thu, 31 December 2015 15:12 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
We've been in an apartment since January 2014 and, with neighbors on two sides, I can't remember the last time we played our music really loud. (I don't want to be that neighbor, after all.) I'm starting to get really tired of being so considerate with the neighbors, though, because they have times when they show absolutely NO consideration in this area in return.
Re: Apartment life audio rant [message #81866 is a reply to message #81861] Fri, 01 January 2016 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I remember apartment dwelling. I always hated that I couldn't really enjoy my music then either.

Time to buy a house! Sounds like a 2016 resolution to me!

Re: Apartment life audio rant [message #81870 is a reply to message #81861] Sat, 02 January 2016 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I know how you feel. It can be especially annoying when you work third shift or a swing shift and are trying to get some rest, especially if your neighbor is all about that bass.
Re: Apartment life audio rant [message #81872 is a reply to message #81861] Sat, 02 January 2016 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
It really doesn't go away when you own a house either. I have neighbors that play really loud music all the time in their own homes with no consideration whatsoever. In fact, my neighbor to the left of me plays it in his garage all the time and I can't even sit in the yard and enjoy my surroundings. This is why I am always using my iPod. I love the fact that I can just put my earbuds in and it all just disappears!
Re: Apartment life audio rant [message #81879 is a reply to message #81872] Mon, 04 January 2016 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm sure I've been guilty of that a time or three. I have basshorns and Crown amplifiers, so I can do structural damage with a twist of the volume knob. Literally. But I rarely do that.

http://prosoundshootout.com/Photos/2006/12Pi_pair_side.jpg
Re: Apartment life audio rant [message #81927 is a reply to message #81861] Sat, 30 January 2016 09:00 Go to previous message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
Rarely? You're implying that you do.

I would hate to be near that monster when you crank it full volume.

When, exactly, is it a good time to do structural damage? Laughing
Previous Topic: Eonon stereo for my car
Next Topic: EQ question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:15:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers