Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Star Wars
Star Wars [message #81816] Wed, 23 December 2015 12:27 Go to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
Have any of you been to see the new Star Wars film? I had intentions of making it a date night but finances didn't allow for it at the last minute. It's okay, though. I'm sure we'll wind up buying it on DVD or Blu-Ray; we have the other six already!
Re: Star Wars [message #81817 is a reply to message #81816] Wed, 23 December 2015 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I enjoyed it. I think it was pretty much like the first one though, and I'll admit I thought the characters were a little bit weak. But I love Star Wars so I liked this movie very much anyway.

Re: Star Wars [message #81826 is a reply to message #81817] Thu, 24 December 2015 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 23 December 2015 12:59

I enjoyed it. I think it was pretty much like the first one though, and I'll admit I thought the characters were a little bit weak. But I love Star Wars so I liked this movie very much anyway.

I've heard this from other sources, too -- that the characters are somewhat lacking. I didn't see it in theaters but I still plan on buying it when it comes out on DVD. I'm just looking forward to see some of the original cast again!
Re: Star Wars [message #81831 is a reply to message #81817] Sat, 26 December 2015 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 23 December 2015 12:59

I'm a little disappointed to hear that the characters are weak. I'll still watch it anyways, but I guess I just thought reviews would be over-the-top for it.
Re: Star Wars [message #81834 is a reply to message #81816] Sun, 27 December 2015 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
We planned to see Star Wars but it didn't happen. I'm not even sure if it's in theaters anymore or how long it'll be before it comes out on DVD.
Re: Star Wars [message #82010 is a reply to message #81817] Wed, 10 February 2016 21:58 Go to previous message
MusicWife
Esquire
Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 23 December 2015 10:59

We felt exactly the same way. When the music started playing, and the scroll started on the screen, I actually got chills. Many people in the audience cheered!
I felt it was too much like the original Star Wars too. It had a huge budget, and I expected more of the story. I felt like they were just kind of feeling the waters, to see how people would react.
I did love Finn though. He's adorable. I did NOT like Poe Dameron. It seemed like they were trying too hard to make him a younger version of Han Solo. Speaking of Han! Oh, Han! It was so good to see him again. This was really his movie.
Previous Topic: Coldplay at the Super Bowl
Next Topic: What was the last movie you watched?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:46:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio