Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 1Pi and 2Pi Questions
1Pi and 2Pi Questions [message #81786] Sun, 20 December 2015 14:30 Go to next message
AndyZ is currently offline  AndyZ
Esquire
Hi Wayne:

Would you please send me crossover plans for the 1Pi for both the Motorola piezos and the Vifa DX25s? Also the same for the 2Pi?

I picked up a set yesterday and was surprised to see that they were build w/o any crossovers at all and simply direct wired from the inputs. I really liked the 1Pis so I'm a bit shocked to find that they were both running wide open.... Shocked

Thanks!!
Re: 1Pi and 2Pi Questions [message #81788 is a reply to message #81786] Mon, 21 December 2015 15:17 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't have plans or schematics for obsolete models anymore, but they did have very simple crossovers. There are a lot of archived threads you can search through here discussing piezo characteristics and the way they act with passive components inline. Things like using capacitors as attenuators and using resistors as filters.

The current models are pretty simple too, using purely first-order filters. The tweeter has a 10uF Solen capacitor in series and the woofer has a 0.5mH coil.

Previous Topic: 4 Pi Plans Request ; )
Next Topic: 7 Pi build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:33:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout