Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hi Wayne, info on 3 Pi sub please
Hi Wayne, info on 3 Pi sub please [message #81572] Thu, 10 September 2015 16:49 Go to next message
BFP is currently offline  BFP
Baron
Hi Wayne

I built a set of 3 pi mains a couple of years ago now and used the upgraded drivers and your horn flares. They are the best speakers I've owned and continue to impress.
I am currently running them full range with 2 15" sealed box subs. The sub drivers are nothing fancy, Dayton series 1, stamped steel frame 8mm xmax. I initially had 2 drivers in one box but split it in 2 and get better sound with the 2 subs. It also made them light enough to move around. My room is difficult for bass. It's 20 x13 and 8 ft high. I'd like to go with 4 smallish subs to even out the response at the listening position. I would like a look at the 3 pi sub plans. The lab 12 seems to be a well made driver and I am considering a small sealed box or maybe a ported design like the Pi 3 sub. With 4 12" drivers even a sealed box would have plenty of output for my room, although it would require EQ which is not a problem. My current subs are EQ'd with a home brewed circuit that works like the Linkwitz transform and this does a good job of bringing the bottom octave up.

Thanks
Brian

Re: Hi Wayne, info on 3 Pi sub please [message #81573 is a reply to message #81572] Fri, 11 September 2015 11:08 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Previous Topic: 4Pi build
Next Topic: 60 x 40 midbass horn...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:53:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio