Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi build
Re: 4Pi build [message #81559 is a reply to message #81406] Wed, 26 August 2015 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BobTahoe is currently offline  BobTahoe
Baron
They look great!

I'm currently trying to paint my 4pis and I'm starting to wish I did veneer. Or picked a simple paint like flat black.
Re: 4Pi build [message #81560 is a reply to message #81559] Wed, 26 August 2015 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pizzacat666 is currently offline  pizzacat666
Esquire
I want to do veneer, but I'm worried it will be ruined when I move the speakers. I usually do not live in an apartment for more than a year or two. So every year I will be loading these into my car and ruining the finish on the veneer. Plus the corners of the MDF are already rounded off sadly!

Am I being too worried?
Re: 4Pi build [message #81561 is a reply to message #81560] Wed, 26 August 2015 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BobTahoe is currently offline  BobTahoe
Baron
The paint's finish won't be any tougher. at least that's what I'm finding right now as I try to finish my cabinets.

I ended up using a 1" round over bit on the front sides and a 3/8's round over bit on the top, now the corners you see are all rounded off to begin with, it looks pretty cool too. Might be something to consider if you have access to a router.

If you really want to protect them you could check out the corner protectors for pro audio stuff on Parts express.
Re: 4Pi build [message #81562 is a reply to message #81561] Wed, 26 August 2015 17:36 Go to previous message
rvsixer is currently offline  rvsixer
Baron
If they are going to get some abuse, I'd round off all the corners as BobTahoe mentioned and then Duratex them.
Previous Topic: 4Pi plan
Next Topic: Hi Wayne, info on 3 Pi sub please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:40:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout