Home » Sponsored » OddWatt Audio » Guitar Amplifier Progress
Guitar Amplifier Progress [message #81458] Thu, 16 July 2015 14:21 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, The guitar amp has passed its "beta" testing and the first three pre-production ones are being assembled right now. They will go out for some more user tests...but all seems good for a fall to winter official release. This one has been a long time coming but IMO well worth the time to get it right. There are already a lot of marginal amps out there and I didn't want to add another to the pile. I figure if it isn't worth doing well it isn't worth doing at all. Smile

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Guitar Amplifier Progress [message #81459 is a reply to message #81458] Thu, 16 July 2015 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Have you reached out to Duke LeJeune lately?

You probably already have contacts in that market, but it seems to me you two might really enjoy a little cross-pollination, sharing contacts, resources, etc.

Duke makes speakers, you know, and has been making some serious inroads in the musical instrument arena. He and his wife Lori moved to Dallas and I saw them at the most recent LSAF.

Re: Guitar Amplifier Progress [message #81527 is a reply to message #81459] Sat, 08 August 2015 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Another update.....I have the first pre-production amp here and running it through the paces. Coming soon for sales ....price not yet set though.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1791&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1792&private=0

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Guitar Amplifier Progress [message #81528 is a reply to message #81527] Mon, 10 August 2015 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow, Bruce, that looks really nice!

What's the tube compliment?

Best of luck with that! The prosound world is very different than hifi, and the people intested in FOH gear are different than those most interested in backline gear too. So these are are new roads to travel; Or maybe you're already familiar with these markets. But in any case, I suspect you'll be greeted with the highest enthusiasm!

Re: Guitar Amplifier Progress [message #81529 is a reply to message #81528] Mon, 10 August 2015 17:14 Go to previous message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Wayne, Yes the long in process head amp is getting there. It has been "beta" tested a lot in the Detroit area and now time to get the real things going. The tube line up is 12AX7 first stage, 12AU7 tone stack, 12AX7 driver inverter, and pretty much your choice of output tubes as long as they are rated for 450 V. 6L6GC, EL34, KT77, KT88, 6550, 7027. You actually can run 6V6s in it if you set the B+ below 350. Above that you will smoke them. The adjustable B+ goes from 450 down to about 70. Allows interesting distortion from the output stage. The preamp stage can be over driven as well. Power output varies with the tube choice from about 20 WRMS to 60 WRMS. It plays clean, dirty and everything in between. A fun device to design and now get out on the street.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Review Of KT120 Amplifier
Next Topic: How much should things cost
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 23:11:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers