Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » One more Four Pi crossover question
One more Four Pi crossover question [message #81021] Sat, 17 January 2015 16:50 Go to next message
timhowell01 is currently offline  timhowell01
Chancellor
Hopefully this is my last question about assembling the Four Pi crossover. I seem to be unable to solder the leads from the 100W 8 ohm dummy load resistor to the other components. I'm using a new soldering tip that is working fine for other components, on a 40 W soldering iron. 60/40 rosin core solder. Any ideas?
Re: One more Four Pi crossover question [message #81022 is a reply to message #81021] Mon, 19 January 2015 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The lugs may be coated with shallac or something similar. You might want to cut the lugs and solder directly to the wire.

We insert the wire into 0.205" lugs which connect to the circuit board. So we don't use the screw-mount lugs. I think those screw-mount lugs are coated, and depend on the fasterner to bite through the coating to ensure electrical connection.

Re: One more Four Pi crossover question [message #81024 is a reply to message #81022] Wed, 21 January 2015 23:00 Go to previous message
timhowell01 is currently offline  timhowell01
Chancellor
Cutting them off and soldering directly took care of it.

--TWH
Previous Topic: Rs in Four Pi Crossover
Next Topic: Speaker placement and wavefront launch, revisited
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:18:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers