Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Lingering cold
Lingering cold [message #80868] Tue, 25 November 2014 13:59 Go to next message
audiophile88 is currently offline  audiophile88
Baron
I get a head cold every November no matter what I do. All the hand washing and Lysol in the world only goes so far, I guess, and now I'm at about day 9 or 10 of this mess and I am just sick of it! (No pun intended.) I really wish we could cure the common cold.
Re: Lingering cold [message #80869 is a reply to message #80868] Tue, 25 November 2014 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I know what you mean. The cold virus mutates every year so we'll probably never be able to get ahead of it to cure it or vaccinate against it, though. The only thing you can really do is treat the symptoms and even then, most of the meds out there are only moderately effective.
Re: Lingering cold [message #82053 is a reply to message #80868] Fri, 19 February 2016 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
This happens to me as well. I think that it is worse if you have to deal with the public for a living. It seems like I always end up sick, no matter how well I try to protect myself.
Re: Lingering cold [message #82057 is a reply to message #80868] Sat, 20 February 2016 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I'm not one to catch a cold every year but when I do, it always puts me down for about a month. I got my first cold in a long time back in September and, knock on wood, I haven't been sick since.
Re: Lingering cold [message #82066 is a reply to message #82057] Sat, 20 February 2016 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
We conversly are having lingering heat. Smile It has been about 20 degrees above average (typically 60 at this time of year) for over a week. They expect it to continue for at least one more week. Genuine chamber of commerce weather.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Lingering cold [message #82069 is a reply to message #82066] Sun, 21 February 2016 08:48 Go to previous message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
gofar99 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2016 20:52
We conversly are having lingering heat. Smile It has been about 20 degrees above average (typically 60 at this time of year) for over a week. They expect it to continue for at least one more week. Genuine chamber of commerce weather.

A bit off subject but I see you are in Arizona... My stepdad is planning a trip there for next month so we were looking into average temps for this time of year. Really blew my mind how much warmer it is there than here month by month!
Previous Topic: The New X-Files
Next Topic: Breaking Bad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:40:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout