Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Holiday Inn fiasco
Holiday Inn fiasco [message #80846] Mon, 17 November 2014 12:59 Go to next message
audiophile88 is currently offline  audiophile88
Baron
I don't think I will ever stay in another Holiday Inn hotel again. Or rather, I won't even *try* to stay in one. We went out of town over the weekend and reserved a hotel room beforehand. When we got to the hotel, our prepaid reservations had magically been "lost" and the front desk manager wanted us to pay for the room again. Even though we had the paperwork to prove we'd already made the reservation and paid for it, they wouldn't honor it! We wound up having to call the website we reserved through for a refund and then we reserved a room in another hotel nearby.
Re: Holiday Inn fiasco [message #80852 is a reply to message #80846] Tue, 18 November 2014 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
About half the problem with such transactions is the middle man. I'm not fond of Holiday Inns, but you may have put the blame on the wrong company. I can't imagine HI honoring something that they didn't have a record of. The documents you had could be faked.

Even though it sometimes costs more...I always use the parent company's sites to reserve hotels. I have found that they are usually about the same price as the middle men. YMMV

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Holiday Inn fiasco [message #80867 is a reply to message #80846] Tue, 25 November 2014 13:54 Go to previous message
audiophile88 is currently offline  audiophile88
Baron
I can understand where you're coming from in terms of allegedly faked documents, but if a hotel company isn't willing to trust a middle man's reservation printouts, they shouldn't be working with a middle man. At the end of the day, it doesn't make the middle man look bad; it makes the hotel look bad.
Previous Topic: 3 dead babies found in closets
Next Topic: NFL disappointment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:58:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout