Home » Audio » General » My Ears!
My Ears! [message #80671] Thu, 09 October 2014 07:15 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
During one of my dance classes at the gym, I stood in the front row instead of the second or third. That was a mistake. The instructor totally blasted the music and my ears! I had a temporary threshold shift all last night, which was really annoying. At least I'm back to normal this morning; at least I think I am.
Re: My Ears! [message #80675 is a reply to message #80671] Thu, 09 October 2014 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFreed52 is currently offline  AFreed52
Chancellor
Assuming your ears were ringing afterward, if that stopped by the next day, you're fine. I started a job once where my single job the first day was to push seal caps through a VERY noisy machine.
Re: My Ears! [message #80679 is a reply to message #80671] Fri, 10 October 2014 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well luckily my ears weren't really ringing, but everything sounded like they had cotton stuffed in them. It was more annoying than worrisome. That job does not sound like it was fun, AFreed.
Re: My Ears! [message #80682 is a reply to message #80671] Fri, 10 October 2014 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I've been to concerts before where I was worried I'd done permanent damage to my hearing because my ears rang for hours afterward. I've never been to a dance class in a gym before but if it was anything like concert volume, I think I'd be in the back of the room next time!
Re: My Ears! [message #81056 is a reply to message #80671] Mon, 02 February 2015 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I know exactly what you are talking about. I've been to a couple of really loud concerts. I felt like I was deaf when I left. I think the loudest one was when I took my daughter to see Justin Bieber.

I have also had a hard time in my Zumba class. I know where to stand now - never right in front of the speakers!
Re: My Ears! [message #81062 is a reply to message #80671] Wed, 04 February 2015 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I think we have all had that feeling at one point in our lives. I have also noticed that this happens after I attend sporting events. Especially if they are REALLY loud & the bass is pumping & everyone's screaming. It's really annoying.
Re: My Ears! [message #81123 is a reply to message #81062] Sun, 15 February 2015 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I remember the last concert I went to thinking I should bring earplugs just to dampen the sound. I forgot them at home. We live in the country and it's really quiet at night. When I got home all I could hear was the ringing in my ears. Took a long time to get to sleep!
Re: My Ears! [message #81129 is a reply to message #80671] Sun, 15 February 2015 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I love sporting events! We go to a lot of Steelers games. The noise doesn't bother me at all. I am cheering just as loud as everyone else! Concerts do bother my ears though.
Re: My Ears! [message #81130 is a reply to message #80671] Sun, 15 February 2015 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I agree lovejb... football games don't bother me at all. I have never been to an indoor football game though. The noise kind of just goes into the open air!

Let's chat!
Re: My Ears! [message #81133 is a reply to message #80671] Mon, 16 February 2015 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
The only time sporting events bother my ears is if I'm sitting next to the screamer! That one person with the high pitch scream that seems to be yelling right in your ear. Otherwise sporting events don't bother me.
Previous Topic: Need Help Phonograph Problem
Next Topic: inline rca crossovers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:31:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout