Home » Audio » General » Smartphone with integrated mp3 player
Smartphone with integrated mp3 player [message #80508] Wed, 17 September 2014 01:30 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I know that pretty much all smartphones come with integrated mp3 players nowadays, just like they all come with at least one integrated camera. However, I am looking for a smartphone that has the mp3 player AND high quality sound output abilities through the headphone jack. What would you recommend?
Re: Smartphone with integrated mp3 player [message #80541 is a reply to message #80508] Fri, 19 September 2014 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I wish I had an answer for you, but unfortunately I'm way behind the times when it comes to smartphones. I've only had one for a few years and I mostly use it for texting and talking.
Re: Smartphone with integrated mp3 player [message #80567 is a reply to message #80508] Thu, 25 September 2014 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Well thanks for replying. Smile I have done some research on it since I first posted but unfortunately I am not much closer to an answer. Most smartphone ads these days seem to focus on screen quality, camera quality, and video recording capabilities. Not knocking any of that but not really what I'm looking for.
Re: Smartphone with integrated mp3 player [message #80577 is a reply to message #80508] Fri, 26 September 2014 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I'm not sure it's so much about output at the headphone jack as it is the quality of the headphones or ear buds you plug into the jack. I would look for some other features in the phone and then focus on quality headphones for sound output.
Re: Smartphone with integrated mp3 player [message #80589 is a reply to message #80577] Mon, 29 September 2014 15:43 Go to previous message
Grand Master
Pioneer wrote on Fri, 26 September 2014 12:34
I'm not sure it's so much about output at the headphone jack as it is the quality of the headphones or ear buds you plug into the jack. I would look for some other features in the phone and then focus on quality headphones for sound output.

Hmm, maybe you're right. I suppose I could look into a phone that fits all my other needs and then start looking into headphones after that.
Previous Topic: Headphones
Next Topic: Network archives
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:07:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout