Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Torrential Rain
Torrential Rain [message #80503] Tue, 16 September 2014 16:46 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, Something very strange is happening to us desert dwellers ..... torrential rain. Twice in a week, Arizona is getting pounded. With all the sun baked ground it has no where to go so as little as 1 inch can cause major problems. We are in a forecast zone for 5-8 inches. I don't even own a rain coat and the umbrella in the car has never been opened. Worse, it is supposed to do this until Friday. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Torrential Rain [message #80513 is a reply to message #80503] Wed, 17 September 2014 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That is weird. Sometimes weather seems so surreal, and it's easy for me to see how people in ancient times saw these kinds of things as supernatural portents. Seems to me that religion was man's earliest form of "science," an attempt to explain life, the universe and everything. Not to get too far out, just saying, it's weird, interesting, even sort of "divine," prompting one towards introspection.

OK, yeah, I was too silly deep. Smile

Re: Torrential Rain [message #80528 is a reply to message #80503] Thu, 18 September 2014 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I get you, Wayne. I have often had similar thoughts. Bruce, I heard about the rain from a friend of mine. She couldn't even get to work due to the flooding. I hope you all stay safe.
Re: Torrential Rain [message #80533 is a reply to message #80528] Thu, 18 September 2014 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, We are all fine and dry (others not so lucky). Now we are looking at the new hurricane Polo. It looks like it will do what the first one 10 days ago did and brush the coast and cause more rain here to funnel up the mountain chains. BTW, it is still raining slightly now and they show about 70% chance for the next 3 days. So much for figuring that I was through with mowing the green things growing in the yard that pass for grass.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Torrential Rain [message #80653 is a reply to message #80533] Mon, 06 October 2014 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
It seems like we are in for more rain. The current hurricane of the week is about to dump on us for the next three days. We already had twice the normal rain fall this season. I'm getting tired of mowing the green stuff in the yard. I can't call it grass as there are many more weeks than grass. It looks fine from about 100 yards away though.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Torrential Rain [message #81944 is a reply to message #80503] Wed, 03 February 2016 13:16 Go to previous message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
The weather has definitely been really crazy this year. I also heard on the news that the cauliflower crop has taken a hit this year because of all the rain. I hope it dries out for you soon.
Previous Topic: Escaping the cold
Next Topic: Neighbor In Wheelchair Murdered Last Night
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:17:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout