Home » Audio » Home Theater » Home Theater Location
Home Theater Location [message #80466] Fri, 12 September 2014 16:52 Go to next message
Lizard is currently offline  Lizard
Chancellor
What room is your home theater located in? Would the basement be the best place for it? Right now, that is what I am thinking. I have a spare bedroom, but I do not think it is big enough.
Re: Home Theater Location [message #80674 is a reply to message #80466] Thu, 09 October 2014 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Ours is in our living room. Basements can be a good choice too, as long as you don't just blare the speakers at bare concrete blocks and floors. Very Happy
Re: Home Theater Location [message #80687 is a reply to message #80466] Fri, 10 October 2014 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audiophile88 is currently offline  audiophile88
Baron
Aw man, I wish we had a basement that we could turn into a home theater! Ours is in the living room, too. We thought about going with one of the bedrooms but it's way smaller than the living room and I just didn't see us entertaining company in there.
Re: Home Theater Location [message #80726 is a reply to message #80466] Thu, 16 October 2014 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
If the choices in your house are between your basement and a spare bedroom, I would definitely go with the basement. Basements usually run the entire length and width of the house, making them awesome (size-wise) for turning into home theaters.
Re: Home Theater Location [message #81107 is a reply to message #80466] Thu, 12 February 2015 18:59 Go to previous message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I would go with the basement too. Is your basement finished? I would think it would be a larger area than a spare bedroom. I do think that you will want to finish it if it isn't. The sound will be different.
Previous Topic: The Roku
Next Topic: Building a Home Theater & Listening Room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 04:16:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout