Home » Audio » Source » Record Stores
Record Stores [message #80462] Fri, 12 September 2014 08:47 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Do you still get records at record stores or is that not an option for you? I think there is a record store about 30 minutes away from me by car but usually I find mine at garage sales.
Re: Record Stores [message #80581 is a reply to message #80462] Sat, 27 September 2014 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audiophile88 is currently offline  audiophile88
Baron
We don't even have a CD store in town anymore, let alone a vintage record store! Between getting a super Wal-Mart and the whole "digital revolution," we lost our last music store probably ten years ago now.
Re: Record Stores [message #80582 is a reply to message #80581] Sat, 27 September 2014 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Here in Arizona and I believe Nevada we have ZIA record exchange that carries both new and used vinyl at great prices. Locally Hastings Video store has both as well.

Good Listening
Bruce
icon14.gif  Re: Record Stores [message #81695 is a reply to message #80582] Mon, 30 November 2015 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Phoenix metro area still has a handful left. Zia is the big one, but there are mom and pop type stores you can find.

http://www.vinylrecordguide.com/storemap.html

Hopefully there's one near you.
Re: Record Stores [message #81890 is a reply to message #80462] Thu, 07 January 2016 09:58 Go to previous message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I live in a small community with lots of antique stores, including one that carries only vintage vinyl. I love going in there because they are always acquiring new titles. I get some of my vinyl from them but most of it is purchased during our annual festival when I am able to get some really good deals from outside vendors.
Previous Topic: Converting vinyl to digital
Next Topic: Where can I find a cassette player?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:16:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio