Home » Audio » General » Headphones
Headphones [message #80447] Wed, 10 September 2014 21:12 Go to next message
Lizard is currently offline  Lizard
Chancellor
When it comes to headphones, do you think some brands are better than others? In your opinion, what company do you think makes the best headphones?
Re: Headphones [message #80471 is a reply to message #80447] Fri, 12 September 2014 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I think Apple makes really good headphones -- or at least, they make really good ear buds. I also have a pair of either Kenwood or Pioneer headphones that are pretty good. I'm pretty sure they're Kenwood; they only cost about $20 but they've lasted me for years now. My only complaint is they don't get loud enough, but for the sake of my hearing, that's probably a good thing!!
Re: Headphones [message #80498 is a reply to message #80471] Tue, 16 September 2014 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Depends how much you want to spend. I think Sennheiser, Grado, AKG, Beyerdynamic, and Shure to select a few, blow anything Apple and especially those nasty sounding Beats, have ever made. For the ultimate get a really nice powerful dedicated headphone amp and a set of electrostatics. Heaven.
Re: Headphones [message #80500 is a reply to message #80498] Tue, 16 September 2014 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Ditto on the Sennheisers. I have both buds and full over the ear ones. Great sound. My personal thought is to pass on anything hyped in the media.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Headphones [message #80568 is a reply to message #80447] Thu, 25 September 2014 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I've been wondering about headphone brands lately, too. Seems like I used to have a pair of Optimus headphones, which was a Radio Shack brand, that I really liked. Of course, I could be wrong about that. All these years later the only thing I remember really well about that stereo was that the receiver and CD player were Optimus brand.
Re: Headphones [message #80576 is a reply to message #80447] Fri, 26 September 2014 12:32 Go to previous message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I can tell you whose headphones I was NOT impressed with, and that's Bose. Makes me agree with the post above that says to pass on anything hyped up in the media.
Previous Topic: Speaker Phone
Next Topic: Smartphone with integrated mp3 player
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:12:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout