Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Best surrounds for 4Pi Mains
Best surrounds for 4Pi Mains [message #80400] Thu, 04 September 2014 22:44 Go to next message
jshupe is currently offline  jshupe
Baron
I have a 2.2 setup with 4Pi mains and 3Pi subs. I'd like to add rear speakers for a 4.2 setup. If it matters any, I'll be powering the rears with a Yamaha RX-A830 "100w/ch" receiver, while my mains are powered by a Crown XLS-1500.

I'm considering the 1Pi, 2Pi, and 2Pi Towers. I can wall mount the 1Pis, but they seem rather large and the 2Pis would be even more problematic. I'm interested in the 2Pi Towers, as they seem like a great solution, but I would like to get some feedback from others on this.

Additionally, my current speakers are made of baltic birch, but I found some ply at a local lumber dealer that consists of a thin poplar core, surrounded by MDF on both sides, and finished with grade A cherry veneer on both sides. I'm considering using this to rebuild all of my cabinets, but want to know if anybody has any experience with something like this.

Thanks!
Re: Best surrounds for 4Pi Mains [message #80409 is a reply to message #80400] Fri, 05 September 2014 10:03 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If two π towers are good due to mounting/placement, then I'd definitely suggest them. I don't feel the extra bass response is needed for surrounds, but it sure doesn't hurt.

Previous Topic: Start of build
Next Topic: My new 4Pis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:07:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout