Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 Pi 4 Pi horn cutout opening
3 Pi 4 Pi horn cutout opening [message #80372] Wed, 03 September 2014 03:51 Go to next message
tubemax is currently offline  tubemax
Baron
Hi Wayne,

As I was going through my files and trying to decide again what to build ( 3 or 4 Pi ), I notice that there is a difference in cutout dimension for H290 horn, on 3 Pi plan is opening cutout smaller than on 4 Pi plan?
Would you please comment on that. My 3 Pi plans are about 2-3 years old ( at that time I had Beyma 12 inch woofers to use with 3 Pi design but I give up because I didn't want to redesign and play with crossover ). Maybe I got older plans for 3 Pi with other version of horn than H290?
So... I'm now coming back to my original plan to build 3 or 4 Pi in stock version ( no money for upgrades ) but stuck on this difference in plans.

Best Regards,
Max
Re: 3 Pi 4 Pi horn cutout opening [message #80375 is a reply to message #80372] Wed, 03 September 2014 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The older plans showed the cutout for the Eminence radial horn we used in the past. That has now been replaced with the H290C waveguide. The face is the same dimensions, and the routed lip is the same but the baffle cutout for the new waveguide is a little larger. People upgrading from the old to the new usually have to open up the cutout a little bit. There is also a small crossover change. See the thread below for more information:
Re: 3 Pi 4 Pi horn cutout opening [message #80383 is a reply to message #80375] Thu, 04 September 2014 04:32 Go to previous message
tubemax is currently offline  tubemax
Baron
Thanks Wayne, I will probably going to build 4 Pi, but if not I'll try not to mess-up while building 3 Pi!
Previous Topic: Any Pi builders in Ireland ?
Next Topic: Start of build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:55:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout