Home » Audio » Radio » Song Selections
Song Selections [message #80283] Mon, 25 August 2014 06:19 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Do you know how radio stations pick the songs and frequency? I often wonder. I hear the same songs repeatedly and then they disappear, only to pop back up again later. For example, I heard "Radioactive" everywhere a few months ago and then it completely dropped off the radio until about a week ago, and now I hear it almost daily again.
Re: Song Selections [message #82368 is a reply to message #80283] Sat, 09 April 2016 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
I've noticed this as well. Another thing I've noticed is that if you listen to the radio all day it's almost like everything is just played on a loop. I swear I've heard the same songs like three times in one day!
Re: Song Selections [message #82476 is a reply to message #80283] Sun, 24 April 2016 09:27 Go to previous message
Keluv is currently offline  Keluv
Chancellor
We used to have programs where people can send messages via phone or social networks to request specific songs. At other times, seems like they pick songs who are currently popular (usually from Top 100 Billboard of the week or something similar). That is probably why we can hear similar songs between different channels.
Previous Topic: Do you like AM's Periodic noises
Next Topic: Sending messages via on-air show
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:20:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout