Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Dropped iPhone and not even a year old
Dropped iPhone and not even a year old [message #80101] Mon, 16 June 2014 21:28 Go to next message
Rachel is currently offline  Rachel
Chancellor
My daughter caught her earbuds on something and her phone landed face down on the floor. The screen shattered and she can't use it without cutting her fingers. It's under a year old so I hope the warranty is still valid and they'll fix it for free. These iPhones are so delicate.
Re: Dropped iPhone and not even a year old [message #80179 is a reply to message #80101] Sat, 12 July 2014 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pk20 is currently offline  pk20
Baron
That's the thing about iPhones that I don't like. If you don't buy a warranty up front they won't cover any damage. The thing is so fragile it breaks really easy. I think this is one thing Apple has done wrong. You may have to fix it yourself.
Re: Dropped iPhone and not even a year old [message #80180 is a reply to message #80179] Sat, 12 July 2014 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I have seen a number of repair places in malls out here (Arizona) and they replace screens while you shop for about $100. A lot cheaper than a new phone.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Dropped iPhone and not even a year old [message #80317 is a reply to message #80101] Thu, 28 August 2014 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You can take it to an iFix store or even fix it yourself if you are somewhat handy. There are a ton of YouTube tutorials on replacing cracked screens.
Re: Dropped iPhone and not even a year old [message #80323 is a reply to message #80101] Thu, 28 August 2014 14:23 Go to previous message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I hope you were able to get the iPhone fixed. Those delicate glass-front screens are a major pitfall not just of the iPhones but of smartphones in general. If you paid for insurance you should have been able to get Apple to repair it for free. If not, hopefully you were able to find an affordable repair shop.
Previous Topic: Mystery cut
Next Topic: Crying Babies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:12:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout