Home » Audio » Speaker » Sound bar for the television
Sound bar for the television [message #80052] Sat, 07 June 2014 21:07 Go to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I want to add a sound bar to our television. We watch a lot of movies and although the TV has good sound it's not enough. Some of these bars are super expensive. I understand they are probably better quality but they range from $150 to $2,000. I'm looking at the Samsung. Does anyone else use these for their TVs and any suggestions?
Re: Sound bar for the television [message #80096 is a reply to message #80052] Sun, 15 June 2014 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rachel is currently offline  Rachel
Chancellor
We have a soundbar for our TV and we got a Samsung since that is what our TV is. Make sure it comes with a remote because if you turn your TV speakers off you may not be able to use the TV remote to change volume. Also you may want to put it where it won't obstruct your remote sensor.
Re: Sound bar for the television [message #80126 is a reply to message #80052] Sun, 22 June 2014 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maille is currently offline  Maille
Chancellor
My husband set the soundbar up in front of the TV and we couldn't change channels. It now has it's own home under the TV. We added speakers as well to give us a fuller movie experience.
Re: Sound bar for the television [message #80280 is a reply to message #80052] Sat, 23 August 2014 15:14 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Personally I prefer to set up a 5.1 speaker system with a receiver as I think you get better sound quality and imaging than you would get with a sound bar, but of course that is also more expensive. If I did need to buy a sound bar, I'd probably stick to the low end of the price range since quality is already compromised.
Previous Topic: PI One for Home Theater
Next Topic: Always Replacing Earbuds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:39:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout