Home » Audio » General » Free music downloads
Free music downloads [message #79993] Mon, 19 May 2014 12:12 Go to next message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
Can anyone recommend a site where I will be able to download free GOOD music without having to allow the site to install numerous irritating applications or web browsers in exchange for the downloads? I have no problem with sharing my music in return.
Re: Free music downloads [message #80019 is a reply to message #79993] Sat, 31 May 2014 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I don't think I've come across any that will let you download good or popular music without some type of installation. The ones that are truly free without anything to install don't seem to have any of the songs I listen to and want.
Re: Free music downloads [message #80065 is a reply to message #80019] Tue, 10 June 2014 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harlow is currently offline  Harlow
Chancellor
I haven't found any either, and believe me I've tried. When I do think I've found one, it ends up either giving my computer a virus, or I have to purchase something. I miss Napster and Limewire Very Happy
Re: Free music downloads [message #80152 is a reply to message #80065] Sun, 06 July 2014 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
You have to be careful with those downloads, some of them do carry viruses. My son would download from Limewire and one day ended up with a virus that took a couple of days to remove. That's when he stopped using it.
Re: Free music downloads [message #80153 is a reply to message #80152] Mon, 07 July 2014 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pk20 is currently offline  pk20
Baron
I remember for a while we were using Limewire to download the music we wanted. It's too bad your son ended up with a virus on his computer, you really have to be careful with these peer sharing websites.
Re: Free music downloads [message #80790 is a reply to message #79993] Thu, 06 November 2014 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I used to use Napster and Limewire back in the day, but since those two have been shut down, I have given up on being able to get music for free and instead have settled for buying my stuff through Amazon or iTunes. You could always do Pandora; you just couldn't download the music forever.
Re: Free music downloads [message #80791 is a reply to message #80790] Fri, 07 November 2014 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audiophile88 is currently offline  audiophile88
Baron
timron wrote on Thu, 06 November 2014 15:44
I used to use Napster and Limewire back in the day

Napster and Limewire -- those were the days! I miss those two, Napster even more so than Limewire. I was always a bit paranoid about viruses with Limewire, and I think I actually got a couple of infections downloading so much.
Re: Free music downloads [message #81741 is a reply to message #80791] Thu, 17 December 2015 08:32 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
audiophile88 wrote on Fri, 07 November 2014 15:47
timron wrote on Thu, 06 November 2014 15:44
I used to use Napster and Limewire back in the day

Napster and Limewire -- those were the days! I miss those two, Napster even more so than Limewire. I was always a bit paranoid about viruses with Limewire, and I think I actually got a couple of infections downloading so much.

I'm sure I probably got some viruses, too. Seems like my computer runs a lot better these days now that I only download my music legitimately through iTunes!!
Previous Topic: vintage coral speakers
Next Topic: Need Help Phonograph Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:08:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout