Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2Pi Help...
2Pi Help... [message #79984] Sun, 18 May 2014 16:37 Go to next message
etet is currently offline  etet
Esquire
I have had my orignal 2Pi speakers for a few years now and every time I try something new I always end up going back to them. Now I need to build a set of 2Pi towers for a gift but there is an issue. Due to space and aesthetics they can be only 41" (external) tall. They can be wider/deeper. I know this is not recommended due to standing waves etc, but as we know life is not perfect. Any Help?
Re: 2Pi Help... [message #79989 is a reply to message #79984] Mon, 19 May 2014 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'd suggest either modeling the desired cabinet using Martin King's spreadsheet or building the box and measuring it to see if the midrange had any blips. Either way, you'll need to do some modeling and/or measurements.

Re: 2Pi Help... [message #80173 is a reply to message #79984] Thu, 10 July 2014 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CRISTIAN M is currently offline  CRISTIAN M
Chancellor
etet wrote on Sun, 18 May 2014 17:37
I have had my orignal 2Pi speakers for a few years now and every time I try something new I always end up going back to them. Now I need to build a set of 2Pi towers for a gift but there is an issue. Due to space and aesthetics they can be only 41" (external) tall. They can be wider/deeper. I know this is not recommended due to standing waves etc, but as we know life is not perfect. Any Help?

Hi etet

Did you arrive to any conclusion regarding modifying dimensions for the 2Pi towers?

I'm looking for something similar if posible. In my case, to try to lower the footprint of the speaker (due to room constraints), to be both lower and narrower, but deeper if needed to maintain internal volume.

Re: 2Pi Help... [message #80185 is a reply to message #80173] Sun, 13 July 2014 18:08 Go to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I think Wayne is suggesting you model what you want and see you it turns out. Wayne has designed these killer speakers, that are sized to give incredible sound without the drawbacks in many cabs, and that cost way way less than anything you can get anywhere retail. If someone doesn't appreciate them for what they are, I, personally, wouldn't give them as "gifts"... I'd make them for myself and enjoy them in another room!

I hope you can get the spreadsheets Waynes mentions and figure how to achieve your design objectives in the desired size you're looking for!
Previous Topic: 2Pi Speaker plans request
Next Topic: 2 PI - maximum volume to avoid Helmholtz standing waves
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:06:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout