Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Boo! Taking a show I like off the air
Boo! Taking a show I like off the air [message #79958] Thu, 15 May 2014 07:51 Go to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
Who decides what shows stay and go? It is hard to believe that a show that I love is not being renewed. I hear people talking about it all over the place. I wonder how they decide. It can't be from ratings if people are watching the shows!
Re: Boo! Taking a show I like off the air [message #80051 is a reply to message #79958] Sat, 07 June 2014 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pk20 is currently offline  pk20
Baron
I think it's the ratings compared to other shows that are currently playing. If they aren't high enough they will cancel a show and bring in a new one that hopefully brings the network's rating up. It's a competitive market for them to find the next best show everyone is watching.
Re: Boo! Taking a show I like off the air [message #80092 is a reply to message #79958] Sat, 14 June 2014 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harlow is currently offline  Harlow
Chancellor
I'm FURIOUS Mad I just read that they are taking The Walking Dead off the air! I don't get that! The ratings are through the roof, people are obsessed with that show! Ugh. I just hope they don't do a ridiculous ending. That's what tends to happen when shows are cancelled. Crying or Very Sad
Re: Boo! Taking a show I like off the air [message #80107 is a reply to message #80092] Wed, 18 June 2014 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maille is currently offline  Maille
Chancellor
They aren't taking it off the air. It was a joke someone decided to play on the public and not a funny one at that! The show has too much of a following. I wish they'd put it on at regular season premiere times.
Re: Boo! Taking a show I like off the air [message #80282 is a reply to message #79958] Sun, 24 August 2014 11:55 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I hate it when that happens, but what can you do? I often wonder how they figure ratings these days. Do DVRed shows count the same as those that are watched live? How does Hulu factor in?
Previous Topic: Dracula Untold movie
Next Topic: What is your favorite genre of movies or TV shows?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 07:48:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio