Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » One Pi & Two Pi tower speaker plans
One Pi & Two Pi tower speaker plans [message #79947] Sun, 11 May 2014 20:58 Go to next message
kulivontot is currently offline  kulivontot
Esquire
Hi,
New here, want to get into building my own speakers, but my mechanical skills are pretty poor.
Can I get the plans for the one Pi and the two Pi tower speakers? I want to see if I can find something pre-built that's compatible.
Is there a pre-built set of cabinets like the knock-down cabinets on parts-express that are compatible with this build? Anyone in the Boston area that someone would recommend?
Re: One Pi & Two Pi tower speaker plans [message #79949 is a reply to message #79947] Mon, 12 May 2014 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail! I've sent the plans.

Sorry, we don't offer prebuilt cabinets or flat-pack kits. We are planning to do that at some point (and have provided flat pack kits of some models in the past) but we're in the process of moving and that's going to necessitate getting a new cabinet shop too. So producton of all finished cabinets and flat pack kits is currently on hold.

However, the cabinets you are considering are almost trivially easy to build. Any competent cabinetmaker can build them for you. They're just a box with some holes in it. The most important thing is the material - So make sure your cabinetmaker uses MDF or Baltic Birch.

Re: One Pi & Two Pi tower speaker plans [message #79951 is a reply to message #79949] Tue, 13 May 2014 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kulivontot is currently offline  kulivontot
Esquire
Thanks Wayne,
As it turns out one of my roommates is a former woodworker, so I think I may actually be able to get this done in a reasonable time!
Just to be clear, the Pi speaker kits include drivers and parts for ONE speaker, so I need to buy 2x to build a stereo set, correct?
Re: One Pi & Two Pi tower speaker plans [message #79952 is a reply to message #79951] Tue, 13 May 2014 13:16 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's right, exactly.

Previous Topic: Speaker Building
Next Topic: Crossover networks - Inductor mounting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:33:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio