Home » xyzzy » Tower » Children's Hearing
Children's Hearing [message #79552] Sun, 23 February 2014 05:29 Go to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
How much more sensitive is a child's hearing, than an adult's, and how much more prone to damage by loud noises? At what level should we set volume limiters on children's items?
Re: Children's Hearing [message #79566 is a reply to message #79552] Mon, 24 February 2014 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
I'm not sure that it's more apt to damage but yes it's more sensitive precisely because it hasn't been damaged yet. And since the damage they incur will be with them for life, looking after their hearing should be a priority.
Re: Children's Hearing [message #79589 is a reply to message #79552] Wed, 26 February 2014 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
Yes, I agree that it's not something that can be taken lightly, at all. I'm just wondering exactly what the threshold for damage is, and what level is safe to set limiters at?
Re: Children's Hearing [message #79665 is a reply to message #79552] Tue, 11 March 2014 11:59 Go to previous message
Jackson is currently offline  Jackson
Viscount
Just set things at a reasonable level. A good rule of thumb is, if the walls are shaking, it's probably too loud. It doesn't need to be super loud to be heard. Maybe you could set it at a low level and ask your child if they can hear.
Previous Topic: Child Sex Sting Nets Principal
Next Topic: GM offers cash allowance to owners of recalled vehicles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:33:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout