Home » Audio » General » Video Game Audio
Video Game Audio [message #79544] Sat, 22 February 2014 03:20 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
It's amazing to me how far video games have come. When most people say that, I think they're mostly talking about the improvements in graphics, but I'm referring to the audio, too. I normally play games on an Xbox One, but for the heck of it I went back and played some vintage Super Nintendo games last night, and the difference in the audio between the two is just astounding!
Re: Video Game Audio [message #79553 is a reply to message #79544] Sun, 23 February 2014 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
There's so much more available to game devs now than there used to be. Not only in the quality of the equipment, but more importantly they aren't trying to store an entire game's audio in just 28kb of ROM.
Re: Video Game Audio [message #79614 is a reply to message #79544] Tue, 04 March 2014 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Yeah, you have a good point there. The more memory the game has access to, the more it can do. I think sound cards have come a long way too, and I'm sure that helps.
Re: Video Game Audio [message #79645 is a reply to message #79544] Sun, 09 March 2014 16:34 Go to previous message
Jackson is currently offline  Jackson
Viscount
It is almost like really being there when you play most modern video games these days. I think that the difference comes when the game programmers are actually trying to make realistic games versus something like Super Mario Brothers.
Previous Topic: High End, What's Different?
Next Topic: New wireless headset
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 08:03:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout