Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Consonance M500's
Consonance M500's [message #11288] Thu, 16 February 2006 14:18 Go to next message
Peter Swartz is currently offline  Peter Swartz
Baron
Hello, I have a couple M500's that need some help. I'm interested in replacing and upgrading the caps, resistors etc... I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a kit for this purpose? Or do I need to get the values from the components themselves and simply locate better ones.
Can someone tell me what some good replacement tubes might be for the rectifier?
Is there any chance of me finding a schematic for this amp since from what I understand it comes in kit form? Thanks for your help. Pete
peterswartz@earthlink.net

Re: Consonance M500's [message #11289 is a reply to message #11288] Thu, 16 February 2006 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I used to talk with Stanley Chu when he was alive, and I think that was one of his amps. Brian Cherry worked with him then, and I believe he probably still supports the product. I'm sure it's just a matter of replacing the parts with newer, better components having the same value. But it sure couldn't hurt to contact Brian Cherry and ask him. He's a nice guy and is sure to offer his opinion, so try him at the link below.

Re: Consonance M500's [message #11292 is a reply to message #11289] Thu, 23 February 2006 22:08 Go to previous message
Peter Swartz is currently offline  Peter Swartz
Baron
Hello again, Thanks again. Brian did email me and I just sent him a few questions. I'm really looking forward to getting out the soldering iron. Thanks! Pete

Previous Topic: New headphone amp.
Next Topic: Input transformer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:57:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout