Home » Audio » Pro Sound » How to dust a guitar
How to dust a guitar [message #79486] Wed, 19 February 2014 02:05 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I managed to find some hooks that I can hang my guitars from the wall with and I was all set to hang them until my wife mentioned that they will be a pain to dust. I asked her what she meant and she said that as they hang on the wall, dust will collect all over them -- including behind the strings. How are we supposed to dust them without taking the strings off first?
Re: How to dust a guitar [message #79528 is a reply to message #79486] Fri, 21 February 2014 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I think the easiest thing to do would be to take the guitars down once a week or so, wipe all the surfaces that you can with a Swiffer duster (or something similar) and then take a can of spray air and blow the dust out from behind the strings.
Re: How to dust a guitar [message #80055 is a reply to message #79486] Sun, 08 June 2014 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
Compressed air works great at removing dust from inside equipment. Kenwoody is right that you will have to take it down and dust it. We live in the country and the dust we collect is incredible every week. I don't hang anything on the walls that can't be dusted where they are.
Re: How to dust a guitar [message #80327 is a reply to message #79486] Fri, 29 August 2014 09:09 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hanging guitars look nice, but I detest dusting, so I would never store them that way. I'm a big fan of cases. If you must, though, compressed air is the way to go.
Previous Topic: Looking for a good electric violin
Next Topic: Steel Drums
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:51:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout