Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » There's a tree in my house!
There's a tree in my house! [message #79461] Fri, 14 February 2014 21:42 Go to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
Well, correction...there was a tree in my house. A very nice man and his crew came with a crane and many, many chainsaws to get the tree out of my house. Now I have a beautiful blue tarp for a roof while we stay with family and wait for the insurance adjustors and contractors to do their thing.

I hope it doesn't take very long to fix.
Re: There's a tree in my house! [message #79474 is a reply to message #79461] Mon, 17 February 2014 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
Oh no! I hope the insurance company doesn't give you a hard time about paying for repairs. I've heard about situations where they try to drag it out before they pay or where they try to get you to take less than what your policy stipulates you should get. Good luck getting everything taken care of.
Re: There's a tree in my house! [message #79491 is a reply to message #79461] Wed, 19 February 2014 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
I guess this is one of those count your blessings situations. It's awful to be facing this, but how lucky are you guys that no one was hurt!
Re: There's a tree in my house! [message #79611 is a reply to message #79461] Mon, 03 March 2014 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Love2play - How are things coming along with your house? Have insurance adjustors been out? Has everything been repaired? We had something similar happen a few years back but insurance took forever to pay out.
Re: There's a tree in my house! [message #79691 is a reply to message #79461] Thu, 13 March 2014 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
Are you all fixed up yet? I know it can be tough in the winter months to get repairs like that completed. You never know what the weather is going to do. I hope that everything is working out and the insurance company isn't giving you too much hassle.
Re: There's a tree in my house! [message #79877 is a reply to message #79691] Mon, 28 April 2014 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
How did the tree get into your house in the first place? Tornado, storm, flooding which uprooted the tree? An accident such as this one is so unfortunate and the worst part is that we are completely powerless when it happens. I hope all has been sorted by now and that you and your family are back home.
Re: There's a tree in my house! [message #79880 is a reply to message #79877] Mon, 28 April 2014 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I don't know about your tree...but we nearly had our gazebo in the neighbors yard Saturday. A fast moving front came through and had steady winds of 40 MPH with gusts to almost 60. I had to stake down the gazebo (all 4 corners) to keep it in place.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: There's a tree in my house! [message #79891 is a reply to message #79880] Tue, 29 April 2014 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
Oh my goodness, gofar, the weather is really upside down lately. I am not living in the US, so this might be a totally ignorant question. Are you living close to the region where the tornadoes are currently causing havoc?
Re: There's a tree in my house! [message #79894 is a reply to message #79891] Tue, 29 April 2014 19:46 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, No fortunately. I live in the high desert part of the Southwest. We are at about 1500 meters up.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Ticket scalpers!
Next Topic: New floor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:56:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers