Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Would you consider a cross-country move?
Would you consider a cross-country move? [message #79406] Tue, 11 February 2014 17:23 Go to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
One of my relatives is seriously considering a cross-country move. Would you do it? She doesn't even have a job lined up! She just keeps talking about how she wants a "new start."
Re: Would you consider a cross-country move? [message #79410 is a reply to message #79406] Wed, 12 February 2014 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
If she's motivated, she'll make it work. I did far more extreme. I moved continents. But because I was self employed I just took my work with me and found new clients.
Re: Would you consider a cross-country move? [message #79425 is a reply to message #79410] Wed, 12 February 2014 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Having done that three times before ....sure. New places equal new opportunities.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Would you consider a cross-country move? [message #79520 is a reply to message #79406] Thu, 20 February 2014 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I don't think I would consider a cross-country move until I at least had some type of work lined up. New places do mean new opportunities but at the same time, you can only survive so long off savings. If I had a job lined up, though, I wouldn't hesitate.
Re: Would you consider a cross-country move? [message #79531 is a reply to message #79406] Fri, 21 February 2014 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
But see the thing is that if you are motivated enough to take anything that comes along, there will be work. If you are the sort of person who has always worked, be it flipping burgers or cleaning cars, then you can find something until the ideal job comes along.
Re: Would you consider a cross-country move? [message #79557 is a reply to message #79531] Sun, 23 February 2014 14:22 Go to previous message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
Thanks for the input, everyone. I just don't know about this cross-country move of hers. She went through with it, even though she had no job lined up and no place to live. Right now she's staying in a motel and paying by the week, but she's already almost blown through all of her tax refund money. Once that runs out, I don't know what she'll do, because she definitely isn't the type of person to just "take anything." She's one that refused several job offers here because they weren't "first shift" positions.

What really makes me mad is the fact that she pulled her kids out of school to do this and then moved and didn't bother putting them back in school at the new place.
Previous Topic: Are you doing anything to celebrate Valentine's Day?
Next Topic: Spring Cleaning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:53:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout