Home » Audio » Movies & Music » August: Osage County
August: Osage County [message #79404] Tue, 11 February 2014 16:21 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Have any of you seen August: Osage County? I read an article about the movie a while back and now it's in theaters around here. It has Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts in it. It looked like it might be pretty good but the article said it was "disturbing."
Re: August: Osage County [message #79405 is a reply to message #79404] Tue, 11 February 2014 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I haven't seen it. I read a review that said it revolved around themes including child molestation and incest, so I decided not to watch it even though it has some big names in it.
Re: August: Osage County [message #79682 is a reply to message #79404] Wed, 12 March 2014 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
I didn't even know what it was about. I like Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts, but for whatever reason, I had no urge to run to the theater to see this one. I might watch it when it comes on cable.
Re: August: Osage County [message #79684 is a reply to message #79404] Thu, 13 March 2014 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finealice is currently offline  Finealice
Esquire
I saw it in the cinema and really liked it!
After the show I heard many people saying it was not worth the ticket, but I didn't think so.
It's a story of a troubled family, so you cannot expect to die laughing. I loved especially the soundtrack, which was melancholy and touching; my favourite track is Himmon, TX by Bon Iver, but liked also the sweet performance by Benedict Cumberbatch "Can't Keep it inside".
Re: August: Osage County [message #79816 is a reply to message #79404] Tue, 22 April 2014 18:51 Go to previous message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
Was the movie disturbing, Finealice? One review I saw said that the movie was miserable story. The family is so dysfunctional and ugly it is not fun to watch.
Previous Topic: Tyler Perry's The Single Moms Club
Next Topic: Has anyone see Captain America: The Winter Soldier?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:25:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio