Home » Audio » Movies & Music » No good new artists lately...
No good new artists lately... [message #79402] Tue, 11 February 2014 13:43 Go to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
It seems like I haven't heard any good, new artists lately. Does anyone know why this is? Is the music industry changing such that you don't have to be a real "talent" to make it anymore? It seems like all the new music I've heard lately isn't even real music; it's just a bunch of synthesizers. What happened to the guitars, the drums, and the talented singers?
Re: No good new artists lately... [message #79403 is a reply to message #79402] Tue, 11 February 2014 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I think there have been some good artists come out in some genres, it's just that most of what you hear on the radio these days is top 40 pop-type stuff, and that's been heavily synthesized for probably the better part of the last decade.
Re: No good new artists lately... [message #79408 is a reply to message #79402] Wed, 12 February 2014 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
I agree that there's no one good that's new anymore. I'm not sure why this is, but if I'm honest I just assumed that it was because I'm getting old!
Re: No good new artists lately... [message #79636 is a reply to message #79408] Sat, 08 March 2014 16:45 Go to previous message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
I have heard plenty of artists that I like that are new. I am really into Ed Sheeran and other indie style artists like Florence and the Machine and The Black Keys.
Previous Topic: Musicals
Next Topic: Amazon Prime, NetFlix Licensing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 04:19:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout