Home » xyzzy » Tower » Smart TV not so smart
Smart TV not so smart [message #79390] Mon, 10 February 2014 19:44 Go to next message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
I have a Smart TV and sometimes I swear it isn't very smart at all. I was trying to play a movie from my Plex server and it couldn't find it, so then I tried to play it through the network and it wouldn't do that either. I ended up putting the movie on a jump drive and plugging that in to the TV and then it finally played!
Re: Smart TV not so smart [message #79394 is a reply to message #79390] Tue, 11 February 2014 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
If your Smart TV isn't doing what it is supposed to do, you need to look at your network connections and other trouble shooting methods that might help. Something is clearly wrong, somehow, somewhere.
Re: Smart TV not so smart [message #79398 is a reply to message #79394] Tue, 11 February 2014 08:28 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Also check for online firmware updates to the TV. This is a common problem with digital gear. Blue Ray players seem to have the most issues as the disk companies are always adding new features and gear is using what ever firmware it came with . A year old is like eternity for some brands.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Rain with a chance of snow!
Next Topic: How to handle power outages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:36:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout