Home » Audio » General » Hearing Damage
Hearing Damage [message #79382] Mon, 10 February 2014 11:27 Go to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
Hearing loss seems fairly common among my friends, who were all big festival goers like myself. We all overdid the gigs, and suffered as a result.

Have you found similar, or did you look after your hearing a little better than I did?
Re: Hearing Damage [message #79397 is a reply to message #79382] Tue, 11 February 2014 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
I'll own up to having abused my hearing. I haven't had a noticeable hearing loss though, rather I have been left with tinnitus. It's annoying but I've learned to live with it.
Re: Hearing Damage [message #79414 is a reply to message #79382] Wed, 12 February 2014 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
I tried to protect my hearing as much as possible. I haven't noticed any noticeable hearing loss yet, but anything can happen. I have had bouts of tinnitus, but that's because I have TMJ and not from any abuse of my ears. Audio, I agree it is very annoying!
Re: Hearing Damage [message #79438 is a reply to message #79382] Thu, 13 February 2014 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I spent too many years going to concerts every month and listening to music on headphones every night. I know I've done damage to my hearing! When I was young, I didn't even think about stuff like hearing loss. I'm probably lucky to still have what hearing is left!
Re: Hearing Damage [message #79447 is a reply to message #79382] Fri, 14 February 2014 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
I don't think that anyone really considers their hearing, or what may happen when they're older when they are enjoying their younger years. It's a shame really, because I was warned of all of this, but I just brushed it off.
Re: Hearing Damage [message #79806 is a reply to message #79447] Sun, 20 April 2014 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lazarus K. is currently offline  Lazarus K.
Esquire

Apart from my hearing haven been damaged by noise from those extremely loud speakers at concerts and discos, my doctor identified part of my hearing loss as originating from antibiotic abuse.

To be happy practice compassion, to make others happy practice compassion - Dalai Lama of Tibet
Re: Hearing Damage [message #79807 is a reply to message #79438] Mon, 21 April 2014 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
Pioneer wrote on Thu, 13 February 2014 15:54
I spent too many years going to concerts every month and listening to music on headphones every night. I know I've done damage to my hearing! When I was young, I didn't even think about stuff like hearing loss. I'm probably lucky to still have what hearing is left!

I know what you mean about concerts. Too many years of concerts and standing by the speakers have done some damage. My better half played in a band when he was younger and has noticeable hearing loss to show for it. We never thought about what the loud music was doing to us at the time.
Re: Hearing Damage [message #79844 is a reply to message #79382] Fri, 25 April 2014 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I'm in the same boat. I wish I would have protected my ears better when I was younger. I now try to wear ear plugs when I'm around loud things (we cut wood in the summer and I always wear them around the chainsaw). I keep telling my kids that they will be deaf like me if they don't turn their music down!

Let's chat!
Re: Hearing Damage [message #79856 is a reply to message #79844] Sat, 26 April 2014 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I think the damage is already done for some of these kids today. I walk by them and can hear their music clearly from their headphones and earbuds. That tells me they are blasting that music in their ears.
Re: Hearing Damage [message #79859 is a reply to message #79382] Sat, 26 April 2014 17:24 Go to previous message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
I am also suffering from partial loss of hearing, and I did not even attend loud rock concerts and other similar events. I did however turn the volume of my earphones probably too high while working on my computer - day and night, year after year.

Fortunately with technology advancing so rapidly, we now have the option of micro-implants to aid our hearing. I have to admit, it will take a lot to get me to wear large, visible hearing aids.
Previous Topic: Apartment echoes
Next Topic: Cable Differences
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:10:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout