Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Endless Sequels
Endless Sequels [message #79329] Fri, 07 February 2014 03:24 Go to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
Have you noticed the increase in the number of sequels lately? I just noticed that Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is out, and it makes me wonder-have they really ran out of new ideas?
Re: Endless Sequels [message #79334 is a reply to message #79329] Fri, 07 February 2014 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
Yes, I've noticed. I'm not sure why it is, because the sequels generally don't seem to be that successful-certainly not when compared to the initial release. So newer, fresher ideas would be better for the movie companies.
Re: Endless Sequels [message #79355 is a reply to message #79329] Sat, 08 February 2014 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
It seems like just about every movie that comes out now winds up with its own sequel. I can't help but wonder if it's just a way of continually capitalizing off the success of the first movie. You know how people will say, "Well the first movie was good, so the second one probably will be, too."
Re: Endless Sequels [message #79378 is a reply to message #79329] Mon, 10 February 2014 04:08 Go to previous message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
Yes, I'm guessing that you are right. I'm wondering too whether it's cheaper to produce a sequel than it is to start from scratch, as some of the branding is already there. That might help to drive this.
Previous Topic: Conviction
Next Topic: Differing Release Dates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:44:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout