Home » Audio » General » Microsoft mp3 players (Are they as good as iPods?)
Microsoft mp3 players [message #79320] Thu, 06 February 2014 10:35 Go to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
A friend of mine has an iPod and I love the portability of it, but I'm actually thinking about getting a Zune mp3 player since a local store has them on sale. Are the Zunes as good as the iPods?
Re: Microsoft mp3 players [message #79325 is a reply to message #79320] Thu, 06 February 2014 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
The mp3 player itself is probably just as good as any other mp3 player, including iPods. The difference for me comes into play with the software that you use in conjunction with the player. With iPods, for example, you use iTunes, and of all the music software out there, that one is my favorite. If you like iTunes, I'd stick with iPods. If you don't like iTunes, I'd go with the Zune.
Re: Microsoft mp3 players [message #79337 is a reply to message #79320] Fri, 07 February 2014 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Seems like I bought one of these a few years back and wound up returning it. It wasn't that I didn't like the mp3 player, it was that I didn't like the software you had to download to go with it, like Kenwoody said. I wound up going with an iPod shortly after because I prefer iTunes.
Re: Microsoft mp3 players [message #79513 is a reply to message #79320] Thu, 20 February 2014 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
Thanks for the replies. I didn't even think about the software that would go along with the mp3 player! Does anyone know what the Zune uses?

I know I like iTunes; maybe I should just go with an iPod...
Re: Microsoft mp3 players [message #79609 is a reply to message #79320] Mon, 03 March 2014 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I can't remember what the Zune uses; it's probably Windows media player, though.

Have you bought an mp3 player yet? Just curious about what you decided...
Re: Microsoft mp3 players [message #79862 is a reply to message #79325] Sat, 26 April 2014 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
Kenwoody wrote on Thu, 06 February 2014 20:15
The mp3 player itself is probably just as good as any other mp3 player, including iPods. The difference for me comes into play with the software that you use in conjunction with the player. With iPods, for example, you use iTunes, and of all the music software out there, that one is my favorite. If you like iTunes, I'd stick with iPods. If you don't like iTunes, I'd go with the Zune.

Thank you for this informative comparison. As Pioneer mentioned, I would never have thought of comparing the software associated with the devices. I think I will hold on to my iPod for a while longer. I am not too fond of the Zune.
Re: Microsoft mp3 players [message #80036 is a reply to message #79320] Wed, 04 June 2014 19:29 Go to previous message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I think if you get a Zune you can buy a monthly Zune Pass for around $15.00 and have access to more downloads than on iTunes. That would be one reason to buy Zune mp3 player. I think it's also cheaper to buy than the iPod.
Previous Topic: Does color matter to you?
Next Topic: Is there a set of earbuds that don't break?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:50:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio