Home » xyzzy » Tower » CVS is going to stop selling tobacco products!
CVS is going to stop selling tobacco products! [message #79299] Wed, 05 February 2014 08:02 Go to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I've always thought that it is really hypocritical for a pharmacy to sell tobacco products. Well, I guess CVS agrees because it just came out in a news article that they are going to stop selling tobacco products. They're phasing all tobacco products out by October 1st. What do you guys think?
Re: CVS is going to stop selling tobacco products! [message #79309 is a reply to message #79299] Wed, 05 February 2014 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
It is fine by me. I don't care if folks smoke ....as long as it isn't near me and I don't have to pay toward their illnesses either directly or through higher medical insurance or taxes.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: CVS is going to stop selling tobacco products! [message #79323 is a reply to message #79299] Thu, 06 February 2014 11:11 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I don't think it makes a lot of sense for a pharmacy to sell things that aren't healthy -- like tobacco and alcohol -- so this doesn't bother me a bit. At some point, a company has to decide where its priorities lie: with the well-being of its customers or with its own profits.
Previous Topic: Vision Insurance
Next Topic: Four arrested in Hoffman's death
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:19:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout