Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Philip Seymour Hoffman
Philip Seymour Hoffman [message #79250] Mon, 03 February 2014 13:14 Go to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I was very saddened to learn of the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman yesterday. He was such a good actor, but I know that he had struggled with addiction problems for years. Love Liza was probably my favorite movie of his but Charlie Wilson's War and The Big Lebowski were awesome too.
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman [message #79253 is a reply to message #79250] Mon, 03 February 2014 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
He was a phenomenal character actor with a ton of movies under his belt. It was really sad to see someone with such talent pass away at such a young age. He will be missed.
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman [message #79254 is a reply to message #79250] Mon, 03 February 2014 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
Yes, he will definitely be missed. It's so sad to see someone with such talent waste it all on drugs. Was he in the middle of filming anything?
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman [message #79270 is a reply to message #79254] Tue, 04 February 2014 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
love2play wrote on Mon, 03 February 2014 14:46
Yes, he will definitely be missed. It's so sad to see someone with such talent waste it all on drugs. Was he in the middle of filming anything?

Yes, as a matter of fact he was in the middle of filming something. He was working on the last two Hunger Games movies. I'm not really sure how they will handle that, now.
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman [message #79273 is a reply to message #79270] Tue, 04 February 2014 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
Kenwoody wrote on Tue, 04 February 2014 04:36
love2play wrote on Mon, 03 February 2014 14:46

Yes, as a matter of fact he was in the middle of filming something. He was working on the last two Hunger Games movies. I'm not really sure how they will handle that, now.

I didn't know that he was involved in the Hunger Games movies. It's really a shame that he's passed. Throwing your life away over drugs is such a waste!
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman [message #79275 is a reply to message #79250] Tue, 04 February 2014 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
I didn't know of him. I'm glad to have seen very little finger pointing to his drug abuse. Yes, it's been acknowledged, but there's so often a lot of 'they did it to themselves' kind of comments being thrown around, so I'm glad to see that people are being somewhat kinder.
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman [message #79277 is a reply to message #79250] Tue, 04 February 2014 12:47 Go to previous message
Jackson is currently offline  Jackson
Viscount
I read yesterday that he may have been given some tainted heroin. They are looking for the dealer that sold it to him. I was very saddened to hear that he had passed though.
Previous Topic: Amazon $5 Albums
Next Topic: Star Trek Into Darkness
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:38:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout