Home » Audio » Radio » Lack of variety
Lack of variety [message #79189] Fri, 31 January 2014 04:57 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I know bands all have songs that are more popular than others and that the more popular songs always get the most radio play, but it's really frustrating to find a good radio station only to discover that each time they play a given band or artist, they play the same song by that band. I just get so tired of hearing the same songs over and over again.
Re: Lack of variety [message #79330 is a reply to message #79189] Fri, 07 February 2014 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
Well there seems to me to be a lack of variety across the pop genre period. There are too many clones, and rehashed songs that don't have any actual talent behind them.
Re: Lack of variety [message #79366 is a reply to message #79189] Sun, 09 February 2014 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
I could not agree more, Clueless. There are a few artists that stand out as being different, but for the most part, it all sounds the same. I really wish we could get some more variety.
Re: Lack of variety [message #79368 is a reply to message #79189] Sun, 09 February 2014 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
This has always been my complaint about the radio...they just play the same songs over and over. There are some artists out there that have more than ONE good song on an album!
Re: Lack of variety [message #79546 is a reply to message #79189] Sat, 22 February 2014 03:55 Go to previous message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
I do understand why they do this though. They make money out of playing the more popular stuff that a band did, and not the whole playlist of stuff that they have done.
Previous Topic: Recording From Radio
Next Topic: Vintage FM Tuner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:58:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout