Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » You just can't win with some people.
You just can't win with some people. [message #79164] Thu, 30 January 2014 06:23 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
We had some bad weather here this week. Well, we knew it was coming so everyone stocked up at the grocery store and most people called out of work and kept their kids home, too. A friend of mine, who isn't from around here, said we were all overreacting and that it shamed her to be living in a state with people who flip out over nothing. She went on to say that the week would be just another week for her.

Fast forward a few days into the bad weather, and now she's saying the exact opposite -- that everyone should have stocked up, that everyone should have called out, and that everyone should have kept their kids home. In addition, she also says our state was too slow in responding to the bad weather. I called her out on the hypocrisy and now she's not speaking to me. You just can't win with some people.
Re: You just can't win with some people. [message #79175 is a reply to message #79164] Thu, 30 January 2014 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I know what you mean...we had bad weather down here too and now everyone is playing the blame game. The governor blames the mayor, the mayor blames the meteorologist and on it goes.
Re: You just can't win with some people. [message #79183 is a reply to message #79175] Thu, 30 January 2014 21:49 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Unfortunately there are a lot of folks that don't understand something until it is over. I see it all the time. As for weather...I am almost embarrassed to mention that it was 73 degrees here today. We have not had nay winter yet. I just hope that the summer isn't equally higher in temp than average. I don't know if I could handle 110 every day.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: There are still good people out there
Next Topic: WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:41:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers