Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » 'L' Shaped Room
'L' Shaped Room [message #79139] Wed, 29 January 2014 04:52 Go to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
I have a terrible room to work with and need to know how best to go about it. I know that Ikea have a 'calculator' that will help you position it's furniture. Is there anything for audio that will help me position my equipment to get the best sound?
Re: 'L' Shaped Room [message #79143 is a reply to message #79139] Wed, 29 January 2014 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
I've not seen any calculators I'm afraid, but have you tried experimenting with your set up? Keep a record of where you tried each time of course though so that you know what to eliminate.
Re: 'L' Shaped Room [message #79167 is a reply to message #79139] Thu, 30 January 2014 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
I'll admit that I haven't seen anything like that, but there are some basic rules that you should follow. They tell you the distance that you need to place the speakers for instance, and are to stop one speaker 'cancelling out' the other. You can Google for a list.
Re: 'L' Shaped Room [message #79187 is a reply to message #79139] Fri, 31 January 2014 04:20 Go to previous message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
Ok that's a bit more involved than I expected for some reason. It makes me wonder how many people have actually got this right and how many just wing it.

Time to get out my pencil and paper Laughing
Previous Topic: Office Waiting Room
Next Topic: speaker location and type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:55:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers