Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge (argh!)
WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge [message #78978] Fri, 17 January 2014 17:18 Go to next message
LuckyLucy is currently offline  LuckyLucy
Baron
It's been a whole week now, and I may finally have all the cable/internet/phone problems worked out. Maybe.

After much struggle, shopping for alternatives, and threats to the new provider, who gobbled up my local one, we have TV. In fact, we have been upgraded, and the price lowered. Sometimes it's a good idea to be completely honest about just how unsatisfied you are.

Then yesterday, I noticed that I no longer have caller ID.

I've been on the phone to the cable company so often, I not only know the number by heart, but the menu too.

It was a "mistake" and I have my call features back. And the poor little boy that got me this time assured me that nothing else could possibly go wrong.

But if you hear a headline on the lines of "Little old Lady arrested for Cable TV Murder," that's me.

I have very much felt like the title to this forum: "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike"
Re: WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge [message #78998 is a reply to message #78978] Mon, 20 January 2014 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
I am sorry you have had such a hard time getting everything all set up. My sister-in-law recently moved and it sounds as though her experience was very similar to yours. It's definitely not a good way to introduce your company to a new customer!
Re: WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge [message #79000 is a reply to message #78998] Mon, 20 January 2014 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuckyLucy is currently offline  LuckyLucy
Baron
The latest little piece of comedy in this tragic tale happened this morning.
More proof that in this company not only does the right hand not know what the left hand is doing, the right hand may not even know there IS a left hand.
Promptly at 8AM, before I was out of bed, there was loud knocking and frantic doorbell ringing. It was some poor little boy from the cable company, here to install the "DTA" which we don't have and don't need. That DTA business was about 5 phone calls and a trip downtown ago, before we finally got the correct boxes and got them installed and up and running. The DTA installers are that far behind, and were just getting around to the original order, which none of the subsequent cable employees that I talked to bothered to cancel. Ah, such is life.
Re: WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge [message #79089 is a reply to message #78978] Mon, 27 January 2014 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jackson is currently offline  Jackson
Viscount
Oh the joys of the cable company! We had enough of dealing with the mess of our local company quite a bit ago. We switched to Direct TV and have not looked back once. I don't miss all those problems, that's for sure!
Re: WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge [message #79094 is a reply to message #79089] Mon, 27 January 2014 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, It's kind of funny, but the more channels we get, the fewer I watch and actually the less TV I watch. If it wasn't for the news and weather, I would probably can the whole thing (the spouse might get upset though). I get quicker and often better information from the web. For movies and such there is always Netflix, Amazon and others.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge [message #79128 is a reply to message #79094] Tue, 28 January 2014 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
I am definitely getting like you, Gofar, watching less and less all the time.
And Jackson, what do you think of the DirectTV? I've heard that reception in the rain is a problem. Since I live in a very tornado prone area I really like to have TV to get info on where or if there is a tornado.
Re: WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge [message #79149 is a reply to message #78978] Wed, 29 January 2014 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Considering that DTV just dropped the Weather Channel....I would expect to get far better and more timely alerts from a smart phone. I use an S3 and one of the features is automatic alert notifications. Also there are several weather Apps. I like the free one from NOAA and 1Weather. The NOAA one is the official government one and is very good. The interface can get in the way on occasion though. An it sometimes takes it a while to figure out where you are and what to display there.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: WOW cable - trying to drive me over the edge [message #79200 is a reply to message #78978] Sat, 01 February 2014 04:31 Go to previous message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
How do you get the alerts to show? I have the S3 LTE and I don't get anything like that, but they would be really useful because I'm a bit of a weather addict.
Previous Topic: You just can't win with some people.
Next Topic: What are your weekend plans?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:35:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio