Home » Audio » Speaker » Is High End Always Better?
Is High End Always Better? [message #78885] Sun, 05 January 2014 13:35 Go to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Sometimes I wonder if the only difference between high end speakers and low end is the mark-up. We all know that some manufacturers have sky high mark-ups, while others, like Pioneer, can sell very good products for even better prices.

What do you think?
Re: Is High End Always Better? [message #78956 is a reply to message #78885] Tue, 14 January 2014 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuckyLucy is currently offline  LuckyLucy
Baron
I hate to sound like the grumpy old woman, but I'm afraid you're right. You used to be able to trust certain brands (I'm glad to hear that Pioneer is still one of them) but that's not always true now. Price just does not always correlate with quality.
Re: Is High End Always Better? [message #80091 is a reply to message #78885] Sat, 14 June 2014 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harlow is currently offline  Harlow
Chancellor
I agree. I always go with brands that I know are going to give me a good product. I used to be a member of a forum similar to this one, and I saw so many people that were buying just for the big name brands. Spending tons of money, when they can get it way cheaper from a reputable brand that doesn't jack up it's prices.
Re: Is High End Always Better? [message #80127 is a reply to message #80091] Sun, 22 June 2014 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maille is currently offline  Maille
Chancellor
There are some low-end speakers that are just crap. I read reviews online if a sale on speakers is too good to be true. That way I can see if the sound quality is any good.
Re: Is High End Always Better? [message #80158 is a reply to message #78885] Tue, 08 July 2014 20:29 Go to previous message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I don't think you need to pay a small mortgage for equipment but I don't think you'll find great equipment for cheap unless it's used. Middle ground is the way to go and knowing what you are buying is usually helpful.
Previous Topic: Airplay speakers for iPhone
Next Topic: PI One for Home Theater
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:18:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout