Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Reality Music Television
Reality Music Television [message #78697] Wed, 18 December 2013 16:45 Go to next message
PageantDirector is currently offline  PageantDirector
Chancellor
American idol has brought us Carrie Underwood who, some would argue is the one of the greatest country music vocalists of all time. The Voice has brought Cassadee Pope to us as a solo label. There are several other singers who come to mind when one thinks of these types of shows. Kelly Clarkson, Miranda Lambert and Chris Daughtry all have television shows to thank for their success.

Do you think that shows like The Voice and American Idol are helping or hurting the music industry?

Re: Reality Music Television [message #78802 is a reply to message #78697] Mon, 30 December 2013 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Well it's certainly adding to it, that's for sure.

I think shows like that help the industry as much as they can. The bottom line though is that you have to be able to sing songs that fall in line with what radio stations want to play, and that's not always the best music being made.
Re: Reality Music Television [message #78881 is a reply to message #78697] Sun, 05 January 2014 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Good point Azuri, and I think David Cook was a perfect example of that. He's got one of the best voices in music, but you don't hear him on the radio much.
Re: Reality Music Television [message #78948 is a reply to message #78802] Sat, 11 January 2014 16:09 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Azuri wrote on Mon, 30 December 2013 18:34
Well it's certainly adding to it, that's for sure.

I think shows like that help the industry as much as they can. The bottom line though is that you have to be able to sing songs that fall in line with what radio stations want to play, and that's not always the best music being made.

I think this is very well put. You just aren't always going to hear the best music on the radio, but shows like American Idol can sometimes bring talent to light.
Previous Topic: Internet Traffic Report
Next Topic: Whole family is sick
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:10:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout