Home » Audio » Home Theater » Modern Sound Or Old?
Modern Sound Or Old? [message #78662] Sun, 15 December 2013 11:30 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I knew an audiophile years ago who had a strange little custom during the holiday season. She always had the best and newest equipment, but during the month of December she always played her Christmas music on an older system with a turntable.

She said it made the holiday seem more "authentic" to hear the music they way she remembered hearing it when she was growing up.

I thought it was very unique idea. So what's your preference for the holidays? Old or new?
Re: Modern Sound Or Old? [message #78774 is a reply to message #78662] Wed, 25 December 2013 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There is a certain nostalgia to listening to the noise of an old record. I can see why she associated that with the holiday season.
Re: Modern Sound Or Old? [message #78777 is a reply to message #78774] Thu, 26 December 2013 10:13 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Seems like Christmas puts me in the mood to listen to Sinatra and Nat King Cole. I guess we all get a little sentimental this time of year.

Previous Topic: Are You Converting to BluRay?
Next Topic: Sales tricks to watch for
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 12:34:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout